By Cinnamon Cookie
Featured image from the Cookie Run: Ovenbreak Forum.
Doubles as a News article and a Tips and Tricks article.
9 a.m. (GMT+7) May 16, 2017. Boot up computer. Log on to computer. Log on to Cookie Run: Ovenbreak Forum. What’s the first thing I see? A Fan Art Contest!
My heart flutters. Finally a time to shine! My heart flutters even more upon looking at the rewards. 1000 RAINBOW CUBES FOR FIRST PLACE. That’s a lot of Cubes enough for a free-to-play player to be attracted to.
Unfortunately, everyone is just greedy for those 1000 Rainbow Cubes. They would go all the way to steal art that is not theirs and impersonate that person in order to win hearts and try to win first place. Even after reading the rules, they would still do it, or they might have not read the rules at all!
Before we get to that though, what is this Fan Art Contest we are talking about? Simply put, it is a contest with exciting rewards; the more hearts you get, the higher your chance of getting better prizes. The rewards as follows:
- 1st Place: 5,000 Crystals & 1,000 Rainbow Cubes
- TOP 2-10: 3,000 Crystals & 600 Rainbow Cubes
- TOP 11-49: 2,000 Crystals & 350 Rainbow Cubes
- TOP 50-100: 1,000 Crystals & 200 Rainbow Cubes
- EVERYONE: 500 Crystals for 500 likes in the event post in the Facebook page. As of writing, the post has 1.1K likes, and a 500 Crystals coupon code will be released soon.
The contest runs from today to May 30, 2017, and results will be announced on May 31, 2017. To enter, simply upload your artwork to the gallery.
Now back to talking about the rules. I (yes, I) will be using examples of my own art to illustrate the rules. The rules in bold are quoted directly from the Fan Art Contest post in the forum.
- Only entries submitted to the Cookie Run Fan Art Gallery will be accepted. Any artwork submitted elsewhere other than that one board will not be eligible.
- You can only submit art related to Cookie Run: OvenBreak. It may sound idiotic, but art solely related to LINE/Kakao Cookie Run will not be eligible.
This artwork features the following Cookies: Cinnamon Cookie, Cherry Blossom Cookie, and Pink Choco Cookie. All three of these Cookies are not yet in Ovenbreak, and this art is therefore not eligible.
- Winners will be selected based on the number of Hearts (likes) the art receive on the Fan Art Gallery. No need for explanation, but this is basically a warning to all of you: don’t try creating multiple accounts just for liking artwork. It’s just plain unfair.
- You can upload as many art works as you want, but only one of you entries (the one with the most Hearts) will be eligible to win. If you upload more than one creation, the number of Hearts you get will NOT be cumulated, only your most popular art work will enter the contest. Exactly What It Says in the Tin.
- Do not upload several images into one post. (You will be disqualified if you do!) If you wish to submit several creations, please submit them separately, but remember, only the art creation with the most Hearts will count. I have artwork previously posted to the Fan Art Gallery that contained multiple creations. (If you want to view them, it’s here and here.) Since there are multiple pictures in one post, it’s automatically disqualified. Doubles as a violation of the CROB-only rule.
- If you have uploaded an art work prior to our Fan Art Contest, don’t worry, you are already participating our contest, congrats! Unless it’s multiple images of course.
- You can only submit YOUR OWN creation! Please, I really mean it. The next damn time I see stolen art…
- Any fan creation we consider inappropriate for a general audience will be removed and further sanctions might be taken (check out our Fan Art Agreement for more information). I don’t make NSFW art, but for goodness sake, the kids are looking over the art!
- Please note that anything you submit is subjected to our Fan Art agreement. Obviously.
- Entries CANNOT contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, copyrights owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, or contain any personal identification. Some people misinterpret it such that entries cannot contain watermarks, but that is not true. Actually, it means not to use works protected by others in your art. For example, you cannot make your favorite character from a movie, TV series, or other game dress up as a Cookie, or vice versa. In other words, characters like Mickey Mouse, SpongeBob, or other characters should NOT appear in your artwork, or they will no be eligible.
- In my case, I had McWolf (a character from Tom & Jerry Kids. If nothing rings a bell for you, just think of the Wolf from Red Hot Riding Hood.) dress up in Cinnamon Cookie’s outfit, and another artwork featured Cinnamon Cookie in some magician outfit McWolf wore in one episode. I never posted it any way in any social media, and I’m not going to show it here as well.
- By submitting an Entry you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work; (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. (b) needs to be clarified more. By “previously published,” not only does it mean it was posted by someone else on that person’s social media, but it also means that the original artist who truthfully submitted their artwork for the contest should not have that artwork posted in their social media prior to the contest. The contest encourages new artwork fresh out of the oven. (d) basically means don’t use any other people’s characters or whatever creative stuff they have made. Refer to the example of McWolf above to see what I mean.
- “Winners will be contacted by our team via private message on the Cookie Run Forum within 1 month after the results announcement. We might ask you information such as your game user ID in order to send you your prizes.” and “Devsisters reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize (or a portion thereof) with another prize of comparable or greater value.” No explanation necessary.
- Please, for the love of God, do not post such stupid edits as your “own creation.” It’s downright horrendous. Also, you’re infringing some copyrights along the way.
- This is not acceptable:
- Nor is this stupidity:
- (doubles as copyright infringement BECAUSE THAT’S THE ONE AND ONLY JUDGE CLAUDE FROLLO GODDAMNIT)
- Heck, I’ve even seen people post only this:
(please, that’s Devsisters… not yours…)
- This is not acceptable:
I hope you are more aware of these rules and not just trying to be greedy for those rewards or just trying to be stupid. If you did not know, it is okay, but please don’t try to make a fool of yourself.
Meanwhile, I’ll be making my own artwork, and I promise I’ll stick to the rules.