On July 24, 2017, Twitter account Cookie Run Updates wrote a tweet about all-new previews of two of the upcoming Cookie Run games from a presentation made by Devsisters for investors. Although the presentation goes back to as far as May 31, 2017, it was only discovered recently. Besides information about the two Cookie Run games, it also provides info on an upcoming MOSNG (Multiplayer Online Social Network Game) that deviates from the Cookie Run intellectual property (IP).
Not only do they provide info on these new games, but the presentation also features upcoming plans for Cookie Run: Ovenbreak as well as sales made from the game. According to the presentation, over 50% of the sales made from Ovenbreak come from purchases made in Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand, and 10 million downloads was based on an “own-platform” cross promotion set in the future. There are also plans for tournaments and guilds for Ovenbreak in the future; single-player mode is “Island of Memories”.
About “Tape It Up!”, it has reached over 1 million downloads in a single month, all without advertising. It has reached within the top 10 in 14 countries, such as USA, UK, and Korea. It is a small project aimed at developing a UA level app. It is established on an own platform, and will continually release new updates.
There is also a huge line up of upcoming games to be released soon.
- The first game listed, Cookie Run: Ovenbreak, is classified as a casual/running game made under Devsisters.
- Tape It Up! is also listed under casual, made by Devsisters and released during the second quarter of 2017.
- Cookie Run: Defense is listed under defense/strategy, made jointly by Nple, and will be released in the third quarter of 2017.
- Two games will be released in the fourth quarter of 2017. The first game, Cookie Run: Puzzle, is listed under casual/puzzle and made jointly by Jelly Pop Games. The second game, MOSNG, is made jointly by Button and you can guess what genre it belongs to.
- Cookie Run: RPG is listed under RPG, also made by Devsisters, and will be released in the first quarter of 2018.
- The Wave3 RPG release date is postponed from third quarter of 2017 to somewhere in 2018. The reason for this is due to a revised strategy from an existing game to a brand-new RPG.
- Two unnamed projects, Project AP and Project S, are scheduled for release somewhere in 2018. The Project AP is listed under RPG/strategy, while Project S is listed under simulation/strategy. Both games will be made by Devsisters.
- Makers RPG, a new addition to the line up, will be made jointly by Makersgames, is listed under RPG/strategy, and is scheduled for somewhere in 2018.
The Cookie Run: Defense game will have developers such as engineers from NHN Studio 629 such as Hyun-dong Choi (최현동). The defense game will be a side-scrolling casual strategy defense using the Cookie Run IP. It will provide a vivid view of the Cookie Run world as well as a strategic gameplay composing of different combinations, all using simple rules and mechanics.
The Cookie Run: Puzzle game will have developers such as Chang-seop Lee (이창섭), former CEO of Netmarble AL Software. It is a 3-match puzzle game with unique powers from Cookies for each type of Jelly—think of it as a cross between Best Fiends and Candy Crush Saga, but with Cookie Run IP added to it.
The MOSNG was established based on co-representatives of Shin Jung Hyo (신정효) / Kim Mun-il (김문일) from Pearl Avis and Webzen. It is a Multiplayer Online Social Network game, obviously, with multiplayer online games to play with users online and exchange in real time and over 800 kinds of decorations to choose from. It is expected to target Japan as the primary target company.
Thank you. Due to complicated reasons, no images will be presented in this article. Information might be subject to change.